Can social networking online help me lose weight?

Online social networking may help you lose weight by helping you stay motivated. Social support—being in touch with friends and family who encourage you to meet the goals you set—is an important part of healthy behavior change of all kinds. One study showed that among people participating in a weight-loss program, those who often used the program's online social networking tools felt more encouraged and motivated than people who used the tools less often.
Social networking can provide an individual with "buddies" with whom to share goals, recipes, and struggles. Forming a group of friends with like goals can be a great way to keep oneself accountable. One can report back to the site daily and update his exercise status, weight, and accomplishments. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
Is there a safe diet pill for weight loss?
Penny Ragusano, NASM Elite TrainerPenny Ragusano, NASM Elite Trainer
In my opinion, weight loss is just step one. Once we lose the weight, it's important to know what to...
How should I drink water before a meal if I want to lose weight?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
Studies show that drinking 2 cups (16 oz.) of water before a meal can help with weight loss. This si...
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt