Will I feel deprived if I change my diet and lifestyle?

It is possible but if you do you know something is not right. If you are losing fat one thing you are to remember is you have to be in a calorie deficit and any deficit may bring up feelings of being deprived to some degree, but this is completely normal.

Monitoring your food and activity is so important because it only takes a 500 calorie deficit per day to lose 1 lb per week and that will not cause severe feelings of being deprived. Most diets are more extreme than this and the more extreme the worse the feeling gets.

My advice is to monitor what you do, monitor your activity and monitor your calories. If you do you will be more aware and you will be able to control those feelings much easier. Also you have to tell yourself it is temporary only, once you reach your goal if you have monitored your calorie balance then you just slightly increase calories intaken or decrease activity or both to maintain your weight.

The more aware of what you are doing the greater chance you will have to not have those feelings be so strong.
Depends on the approach you take. I suggest you consider making sure you choose an approach towards bettering your health that does NOT make you feel this way. Know that making gradual and consistent lifestyle changes towards health does not mean you have to deprive yourself of anything! You can do this. Take it one step at a time and as you move further in the process it will become clear what will work for you with regard to balance.
Being successful in anything is really determined by how you look at the situation, with dread or anticipation. Fitness and healthy living is a lifestyle choice. Look at it like this - whatever you have been doing up to now is not working for you so it is time for a change. I do not even like to use the word diet with my clients. The word "diet" makes too many of us immediately think of all the things we like that we will no longer be able to have. That is not appealing to anyone. Most of us just do not know how to eat healthy and make good choices. That is why I am here, to help teach and guide you on your fitness journey to lead a full, healthy, fit, happy life - Not a deprived unhappy existance.
You won’t feel deprived if you do things right! You don’t have to walk around feeling like you can’t have the foods you crave. Doing that will make you only want it more -- kind of like that jerk boyfriend your Mom forbid you to date. How’d that turn out? Stop torturing yourself by thinking you won’t be able to eat the foods you love; that’s not what changing your lifestyle is about. It’s about gaining a little perspective regarding calories, portion sizes and daily exercise. Here are some tips to help you feel satisfied and not deprived:
  1. Yes, you can have the slice of chocolate cake. Just don’t eat the whole darn thing! First, just eat less of what you already eat -- don’t deprive yourself of the foods you love, just eat half of your normal portion sizes.
  2. Help satisfy your hunger with a glass of water. Drink an 8 oz glass of water before you eat to help your stomach feel fuller. It’s an easy way to cut about 100 calories from your meal.
  3. Add exercise into your daily life by doing things like: parking in the last stall at the store and doing push-ups during commercial breaks. Walk a few flights of stairs and do some squats while you cook. 
It’s time to trade in instant gratification for PMA (present moment awareness); the awareness you need to help you put down that fork and get moving! Adding easy steps to your weight loss plan will help you feel satisfied and not deprived about making the right choices toward a healthier, longer life. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.