Is there a safe diet pill for weight loss?

In my opinion, weight loss is just step one. Once we lose the weight, it's important to know what to do in order to sustain it. Not being able to sustain is a common challenge many face and one I can personally relate to. This leads to gaining the weight back in many cases plus more! Which then takes us through the cycle of losing and gaining, an unhealthy and unsafe strategy. For me, diet pills were not a safe solution because they did not TEACH me how to live a healthy sustainable lifestyle. This is based on my own personal experience.

UCLA Health
Administration Specialist
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several medications for weight loss. The idea is that if you can lose about 5% to 10% of your weight, insulin sensitivity is improved, thus decreasing your risk for diabetes and improving your cardiovascular risk factors. These medications are approved for people with a BMI of ≥30, or ≥27 and some other obesity-related illness like high blood pressure or diabetes.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.