Is there a safe diet pill for weight loss?

In my opinion, weight loss is just step one. Once we lose the weight, it's important to know what to do in order to sustain it. Not being able to sustain is a common challenge many face and one I can personally relate to. This leads to gaining the weight back in many cases plus more! Which then takes us through the cycle of losing and gaining, an unhealthy and unsafe strategy. For me, diet pills were not a safe solution because they did not TEACH me how to live a healthy sustainable lifestyle. This is based on my own personal experience.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several medications for weight loss. The idea is that if you can lose about 5% to 10% of your weight, insulin sensitivity is improved, thus decreasing your risk for diabetes and improving your cardiovascular risk factors. These medications are approved for people with a BMI of ≥30, or ≥27 and some other obesity-related illness like high blood pressure or diabetes.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
How can I achieve my desired waist size?
Measuring your waist size can be a daunting yet necessary task if you are trying to lose weight....
What steps should I take to help me lose weight?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Losing weight can seem overwhelming at the beginning and can be even more daunting if a person has a...
How Can Sleep Make Me Thinner?
How Can Sleep Make Me Thinner?