Is there an easy way to lose weight?

Unfortunately there is no quick and easy way to lose weight, take off excess body fat, and keep it off for good. Weight loss and weight management are successfully achieved by making a lifetime commitment to physical activity and healthy food choices. Achieving weight loss requires people to create a daily caloric deficit by decrease their caloric intake, becoming physically active on a regular basis, and implementing strategies to modify unhealthy lifestyle and eating behaviors.

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
The quality of the food, our physical activity, our hormones and even our environments influence our weight success to such a degree that although the weight loss equation is "simple", it is not easy. When we focus our attention on our goal for health and vitality while consciously eliminating the things that hinder our progress (including people and places!) we activate a certain survival drive. We actually experience a boost in energy, a boost in confidence and a boost in morale.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Intake Control for Clean Plate Club Members
When Leonardo DaVinci painted the Last Supper around 1492, the food on the table (including eel with orange slices) was pretty sparse and the dishes w...
What are the side effects of phenphedrine?
dotFITdotFIT
Phenphedrine is a weight loss supplement that contains mostly stimulants including caffeine (in the ...
How should I lose weight if I am moderately overweight?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Even if you are just moderately overweight the concept of losing weight is the same you will just no...
Can I Lose Weight By Exercise Alone?
Can I Lose Weight By Exercise Alone?