How can pine nuts help with weight loss?

Pine nuts contain pinolenic acid, a naturally occurring fat that stimulates cholecystokinin (CCK) and glucagon-like peptide (GLP-1), both powerful hormones that alert the brain that the stomach is full. In one study, women who consumed pinoleic acid reported a decreased desire to eat and also reduced their food intake by 36%. Eat a shot glass full of pine nuts every day to help suppress hunger. These small nuts also contain the highest protein content of any nut.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Delayed Gratification Can Help You Lose Weight
Delayed Gratification is a magazine dedicated to Slow Journalism—that is, analysis of news events delayed until after the dust has settled. The hope: ...
What is a healthy way for a vegetarian to lose weight?
Donna FeldmanDonna Feldman
The rules of weight loss are the same for vegetarians and meat eaters: eat fewer calories than you n...
What herbs can promote weight loss?
Nancy TeeterNancy Teeter
Herbal supplements are not FDA controlled and can be harmful, thus I advise against use for the purp...
Can I Lose Weight By Exercise Alone?
Can I Lose Weight By Exercise Alone?