How does the HCG diet work?

Sheri L. Emma, MD
Dermatology

Nutritional Medicine specialist Dr. Sheri Emma explains how the HCG diet works to promote weight loss. Watch Dr. Emma's video for information on the HCG diet and overall nutritional health.

The HCG diet uses a pregnancy hormone to control hunger. In this video, Dr. Oz and Dr. Peter Cohen discuss what the diet supposedly does for the body.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
We know weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less and exercise more." (If it were, you wouldn't be reading this, and we wouldn't have written YOU: On a...
As a woman, how can I lose weight in a healthy way?
If you're a woman, it's likely that you or other women you know are wondering how to lose weight...
To lose weight in weight management, how can I eat fewer calories?
Tawana V. McNeill, NASM Elite TrainerTawana V. McNeill, NASM Elite Trainer
There are several ways to reduce caloric intake. Some of them are: Prepare your food in healthier wa...
What Are the Side Effects of the HCG Diet?