How can a buddy help me lose weight?

Marisa Moore

Studies show that partnering with a buddy can help with weight loss.

• It's all about accountability. When you have a five o'clock workout scheduled, you're less likely to skip it if you have a workout buddy there to hold you to it.
  • A buddy can challenge you. If you partner with someone who's a little more physically fit than you are it may push you to new limits. 
  • A buddy can encourage you to try new things. You can swap recipes, try new healthy restaurants together or do a healthy recipe cook-off with a group.

Having a buddy can help you lose more weight than trying to go it alone. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses how it works -- and outlines how you can try a blind date with a weight-loss buddy to take off the pounds.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Follow the New Rules of Weight Loss
Follow the New Rules of Weight Loss
The path to your new life and your new shape really is simple. Adopt these strategies and watch your body change effortlessly. Make Your Eating Plan ...
Is there a quick way to lose weight?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
We all know there is no “magic bullet” to permanent weight loss. “Easy lose, easy gain” is what I’ve...
What are tips for losing weight?
Sari GreavesSari Greaves
First and foremost, recognize those barriers that have been keeping you from tackling your weigh...
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt