Does hypnotherapy work for weight loss?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Studies about hypnotherapy and weight loss generally show modest results. But these are not without controvery. At least one well-known study that showed success for weight loss and hypnosis was also criticized for using a small sample population and broad age range. Part of the problem is that hypnotherapy by definition is tailored to each individual, so there cannot be an across the board approach. Nevertheless, hypnotherapy in combination with a behavioral weight loss program has been said to be effective for some. It is thought to be able to reinforce good eating habits for long-term weight loss.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

how can i lose weight in the summer ?
Taking advantage of the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables available in the summer can help you ...
how can standing help reduce my waist size ?
It's fast, it's easy and it's free. To shave as much as one and a half inches from your waist, j...
what is the most natural way to lose weight ?
To lose weight and keep it off is a two part process. A comprehensive plan that offers you reaso...
what are my options when diet and exercise do not work ?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
The correct diet and exercise program will always work. If your goal is weight loss is there any dou...