Are there any cookbooks for preparing low-fat meals?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Cookbooks for preparing low fat meals are:
-1000 Low Fat, Salt, Sugar & Cholesterol Recipes to Tempt Your Tastebuds. As of this writing, I have been through about 150 of the recipes.
-The New Soul Food Cookbook for People with Diabetes by Fabiola Demps Gaines and Roniece Weaver. I always wanted to write a book like this. I may not have to. Fabiola and Roniece’s recipes are easy to prepare and do not require you to go to some specialty store for ingredients. The authors provide the American Diabetes Association’s food-exchange guidelines for each dish. I’m also partial to the book because Fabiola looks like one of my aunties.
-The Diabetic’s Healthy Exchanges Cookbook by JoAnna M. Lund. “Real food for people living in the real world with diabetes” is the book’s tagline. Real true!
-The Healing Foods: The Ultimate Authority on the Creative Power of Nutrition by Patricia Hausman and Judith Benn Hurley. I picked up this book after I moved to L.A. and before I was diagnosed with diabetes. What drew me to the book was my desire to glean information to pass on to my family in Cleveland. They ignored the information. But no good thing ever goes to waste: the book really helped me. Through it, I became convinced that cures for many ailments can be found in plants and root things.
Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
Why do people get frustrated with conventional weight loss programs?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
People get frustrated with conventional weight loss programs because in many cases they put unrealis...
Are diet pills a good way to lose weight?
Penny Ragusano, NASM Elite TrainerPenny Ragusano, NASM Elite Trainer
In my opinion, weight loss is just step one. Once we lose the weight, it's important to know what to...
Secrets to Successfully Lose Weight
Secrets to Successfully Lose Weight