Can the Internet help me lose weight?

Judy Caplan
Yes it can, but only if you follow the advice given! There are a multitude of weight loss sites on the internet with solid nutritional advice. One of the best ways to use the Internet is to go to www.eatright.org and find a registered dietitian (RD) in your area who can plan a personalized program just for you. RD's are trained weight loss professionals and can direct you to many reputable resources.
Sure, the Internet may keep you glued to your computer longer than you planned, but it can also help you reach your weight-loss goals. A study funded by the National Institutes of Health found that dieters who used online tools to keep track of their efforts were much more successful at maintaining their weight loss than those who didn't. Logging on consistently helped participants keep off almost half their lost weight after two years, while minimal users regained all their lost weight. Clearly, feedback and information available 24/7 can be a big help in your fitness efforts. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Delayed Gratification Can Help You Lose Weight
Delayed Gratification is a magazine dedicated to Slow Journalism—that is, analysis of news events delayed until after the dust has settled. The hope: ...
To lose weight as part of weight management, what liquids can I drink?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
When trying to manage your weight (and really who isn’t?), you should focus on calorie-free hydratio...
Besides BMI, what's a good way to determine my ideal weight?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
BMI is not a good indicator of ideal body weight. Actually, no single test or measurement can determ...
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt