How can I eat healthy to have a healthy weight?

Essentially, healthy eating for a healthy weight can be boiled down to the following:

• Eating the right kinds of foods -- foods with maximum amounts of healthy nutrients and minimal amounts of added sugar and solid fat.
  • Eating the right amounts of these foods, with choices from each of the five food groups -- in other words, meals that are planned and balanced.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...

Continue Learning about Weight Guidelines

Who should lose weight?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Well not everyone should lose weight. What you have to look at is what your goals are and where you...
How do I know if I need to lose fat?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
You need to lose fat if you're overweight according to the height/weight tables, with these addition...
What is a healthy weight?
A healthy weight varies by individual and depends on height and type of build. A good way to determi...
How Weight Affects Your RealAge
How Weight Affects Your RealAgeHow Weight Affects Your RealAgeHow Weight Affects Your RealAgeHow Weight Affects Your RealAge
How old are you really? Find out how weight impacts how long you'll live.