Unfortunately, Wegener's granulomatosis will not run its course and resolve on its own. It must be treated with medications prescribed by your doctor. Relief from your symptoms can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. Eventually, with treatment, the disease will go into remission. However, be on the lookout for relapse, which occurs in about half of all people with Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Q What is Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome?
- Q Are there side effects related to IVIG therapy?
- Q Are there non-OCD, non-tic symptoms associated with PANDAS episodes?
- Q How do other illnesses affect Wegener's granulomatosis?
- Q What are flares?
- Q What is bubble boy disease (X-SCID)?