Unfortunately, Wegener's granulomatosis will not run its course and resolve on its own. It must be treated with medications prescribed by your doctor. Relief from your symptoms can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. Eventually, with treatment, the disease will go into remission. However, be on the lookout for relapse, which occurs in about half of all people with Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Q What are the diagnostic criteria for PANDAS?
- Q What are natural treatments for autoimmune diseases?
- Q What is an autoantibody?
- Q How is Churg-Strauss syndrome treated?
- Q What can cause an acquired immunodeficiency?
- Q What is the prognosis for paraneoplastic syndromes?