Unfortunately, Wegener's granulomatosis will not run its course and resolve on its own. It must be treated with medications prescribed by your doctor. Relief from your symptoms can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. Eventually, with treatment, the disease will go into remission. However, be on the lookout for relapse, which occurs in about half of all people with Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Q If my child has PANDAS, should he have his tonsils removed?
- Q Is Wegener's granulomatosis serious?
- Q What can cause an acquired immunodeficiency?
- Q What is antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity?
- Q Who is at risk for getting autoimmune diseases?
- Q What is Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS)?