What muscles are important to work for surfing?

A strong core, thighs, and glutes are important for surfing. However, it is important to train all the major muscle groups because the body functions as a unit, and surfing is a total-body sport. To train the core, perform exercises like prone iso-abs, or plank. To perform the prone-iso abs, or plank, lie on your stomach with the elbows under the shoulders and the forearms on the ground. Lift your body up until you are in a flat back position, hold for 2 seconds, and then return to the ground. Complete 1-2 sets of 15 repetitions using a slow tempo. To work the thighs and glutes perform bar squats and lunges for 1-3 sets of 12-20 repetitions using a slow tempo and lighter weights. Rest for 45 seconds between sets.

Continue Learning about Watersports

What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...