What muscles are important for wind surfing?

Important areas to work for wind surfing are the core, thighs, and back. However, It is important to train all the major muscle groups for wind surfing as the body works together as a unit and wind surfing is a total-body sport. To train the core, use exercises like prone iso-abs. To perform a prone iso-abs, or plank exercise, begin by lying on your stomach with the elbows under the shoulders and the forearms on the ground. Lift your body up until you are in a flat back position, hold, and then return to the ground. Complete 1-2 sets of 15 slow tempo repetitions holding at the top for 2 seconds. To work the thighs, perform 1-3 sets of 12-20 slow tempo repetitions of bar squats with light weight or resistance; rest for 45 seconds between sets. To work the back, perform standing cable rows using the same set, repetition, tempo, resistance, and rest protocol as the squats.

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...