What are basic exercises to help with impact or tricks on water skis?

Basic exercises to help with tricks or impact on water skis are the squat jump with stabilization and the side box jump-ups with stabilization. Plyometric exercise, or jump training, simulates the demands of tricks and teaches your body to cope with impact. Use the following acute variables when performing plyometric training: 1-3 sets of 5-8 repetitions of 1-2 exercises. Use a controlled landing, holding the position you land in for 3-5 seconds. Rest 45 seconds between sets. To perform the squat jumps, engage the core by drawing-in the stomach to the spine, squat down, and then explosively jump up. Land softly in a squat position and hold. Make sure when squatting and landing to keep the back flat, toes straight, and knees in line with the tip of the shoes. To perform the side box jump-ups with stabilization, begin by standing sideways next to a box. Jump on to the box sideways and land softly holding the position. By performing these exercises you will improve your landing mechanics, body alignment, and jumping efficiency.

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...