What exercises help with agility for surfing?

To improve agility, which is essential to surfing, use a speed ladder to perform drills like jumping jacks and side shuffle. Using a half speed ladder, perform 2-6 sets of the speed ladder drills. To perform jumping jacks, first start with both feet to the side of the box and jump inside the speed ladder with both feet, then outside and forward, and back inside again similar to jumping jacks. To perform the side shuffle, stand with both feet in the first box so that the next box is to your right side. Step with the right foot into the next box quickly followed by the left foot. Repeat movement all the way down the ladder and perform in both directions. Rest 30-60 seconds between sets of ladder drills.

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...