What are advanced exercises to help with balance in water skiing?

Advanced balance exercises include single-leg box hop-up with stabilization and multiplanar (forward, sideways, and turning) single-leg hop with stabilization. Advanced balance exercises involve hopping and stabilization and are a great way to prepare the body for the demands of water skiing. Use the following acute variables to train for improved balance: 2-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions with 45 seconds rest between sets. Perform the exercises with a fast movement followed by landing and holding the landing position for 3-5 seconds. To perform the single-leg box hop-up with stabilization, stand on one leg with the core engaged by drawing-in the stomach. Quickly dip into a half squat and then jump up on to a box. Land softly and hold the balance position. Step down from the box and repeat. You can also perform a side hop and turning hop to train your body in different planes of motion. To perform the multiplanar single-leg hop with stabilization, start on one leg with the core engaged. Next, hop forward landing on the opposite foot and holding the position before hopping back again to the opposite side. You can also perform the hops side-to-side being sure to land on the opposite foot. Another variation is hopping and turning using the same technique as the previous two movements.

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...