What advanced exercises help prepare for tricks on wakeboard?

Advanced exercises to help with tricks include depth jumps and side to side hops. Plyometric exercise, or jump training, simulates the demands of tricks and teaches your body to cope with impact. For advanced level plyometic exercise use the following acute variables: 2-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions of 1-2 exercises with an explosive tempo. Rest 30 seconds between sets. To perform depth jumps, begin by standing on a box and stepping off of the box. Land by squatting to absorb the impact and then quickly jump up. To perform side to side hops, stay light on your feet and quickly move the lower body back and forth keeping the upper body stable just as you do when snow skiing. Focus on your technique by thinking of a top spinning - the bottom moves but the top part stays more stable. For both exercises make sure you engage the core by drawing-in the stomach, keeping the feet straight, and keeping the knees in line with the tip of the shoes. Advanced plyometric exercises will improve how fast you produce force, your landing strength, and the efficiency of your movements.

Continue Learning about Watersports

What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...