Will rowing help reduce my body fat?

Rowing will help reduce body fat levels if the calories burned during the activity help to put you in a caloric deficit. For example there are 3500 calories in one pound of fat. In order for you to lose one pound of fat you must expend this in calories either through food reduction, exercise, or both. If you burn 500 calories through exercise, and 500 through food reduction this is a total of 1000 calories. Therefore, it will take you approximately 3.5 days to lose one pound of fat..

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...