How can I improve my muscle endurance for wakeboarding?

Muscle endurance is an important part of wakeboarding, and your resistance training program should consist of high repetitions of each exercise performed at a slow tempo with light weight. An example leg circuit workout includes squats on an unstable surface, single-leg Romanian deadlifts, single-leg squats, and stability ball leg curls. When performing squats on an unstable surface such as a half foam roll, upside down BOSU ball, airex pad, or dyna disc, ensure that you keep your core engaged and complete 20 repetitions of the squat. Immediately follow the squats with 10 repetitions per leg of single-leg Romanian deadlifts. To perform the single-leg Romanian deadlift, stand on one leg with the other foot lifted and floating next to the foot on the ground. Slowly bend at the hip and reach toward the foot on the ground, pause, and slowing return to a standing position. Immediately follow this exercise with 10 repetitions per leg of single-leg squats. To perform single-leg squats, stand on one leg with the other foot lifted and floating next to the foot on the ground. Engage the core by drawing-in the stomach and perform a squat movement with one leg. Be sure to keep the back flat, the foot straight, and the knee over the point of your shoe. If you lose your balance, touch the lifted foot on the ground reestablish your balance. The last exercise in this sample circuit is 20 repetitions of leg curls using a stability ball. To perform stability ball leg curls, lie on the ground on your back with the calves resting on a stability ball and the feet pointing up toward the ceiling. Engage the core and bridge up by lifting the hips off the ground. Pull the ball in toward the glutes, hold this position, and slowly return to the starting position. Be sure to keep the hips up until the set is complete. Rest 1 minute and repeat all four exercises for 2 to 4 circuits. This type of training will build muscle endurance and stabilization which is essential for wakeboarding.

Continue Learning about Watersports

What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...