How do I improve my grip for wakeboarding?

To train grip strength you have to work on forearm muscle strength endurance by holding weight for time and making the grip more challenging in other exercises. Grip strength requires using isometric exercises for the grip such as holding a heavy dumbbell for a set amount of time. Start with 30 seconds and increase the time up to 120 seconds for 2-5 sets. Rest for 30-60 seconds between sets. To make the grip more challenging in other execises, try using a towel to hold on to the bar during pull-ups. Complete for 2-5 sets of 6-10 medium tempo repetitions and rest for 60 seconds between sets. Doing these type of exercises should help improve grip strength and grip endurance.

Continue Learning about Watersports

How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...