Will rowing help my upper body speed and quickness?

In order for you to get fast, you must simply train fast. Therefore, if your actual rowing motion is performed at a fast tempo, and the motion you are trying to get fast at looks similar to the rowing motion, then absolutely. I also suggest performing stable strength movements such as a traditional pushup, followed immediately by a similar movement such as an explosive tube chest press (attach resistance tube to a post) as fast as possible. You may perform the strength movement for approximately five reps and the explosive power movement for ten reps. You may perform three to five total sets per combination of exercises. Introducing both modes I have suggested for four to six weeks will undoubtedly leave you with speedy upper body movement.

Continue Learning about Watersports

What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...