Can rowing improve my endurance?

Absolutely! However, remember that when the goal is endurance you must introduce the appropriate intensities throughout your training time line. For example if you have 20 minutes to row, I suggest interval training. Beginning on a rower, start at a light level (65% of max heart rate) for five minutes, followed by increasing the speed and/ or incline to a higher level (80% of max heart rate) for 2-3 minutes, finishing at a peak level (85-90% of max heart rate) for one minute then reducing the speed/ resistance back to the starting level. Repeat this rowing circuit for the allotted 20 minutes. Performing these higher intensity levels, along with the lower levels will not only help improve your cardiovascular endurance, it will teach the muscles to go longer without building up unwanted lactic acid. This will all lead to improved performance and increased calorie expenditure. 

Continue Learning about Watersports

What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...