What are some ways I can increase my fluid intake?

We get fluid not only from drinking it, but many foods have large amounts of water. Watermelon is 91% water, carrots are 92% and cucumbers are 96%! Even yogurt is 85% water. So much of our daily fluid needs can be met with water-rich foods.
Here are a some tips for increasing your fluid intake during the day: Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up each day; Every morning, fill a 64-ounce to 96-ounce container with water for the day. When you drink all the water in the container, you have met your estimated daily water need of 8 to 12 cups; Drink water with meals and snacks; Add slices of lemon, lime, orange, or cucumber to water for a hint of flavor; Start your meal with soup occasionally; Take a refillable water bottle or backpack thermos with you to work and when running errands.; Keep a cup of water on your desk to sip on as you work at the computer; When passing a water fountain, stop and take a drink; At social gatherings substitute sparkling water for alcoholic drink or soda; Drink water before, every 15 minutes during, and after physical activity; Eat high-water foods like fruits and vegetables which can also make a big contribution to your total daily fluid intake.

Continue Learning about Water

How Safe Is Your Drinking Water?
How Safe Is Your Drinking Water?
Your home is supposed to be a safe haven for you and your family, but this hidden danger could be lurking in your pipes. Lead is a heavy metal that oc...
Is mineral water a good choice for quenching thirst?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Mineral water may actually be more hydrating than standard bottled water. According to a recent stud...
When should I drink water?
JJ VirginJJ Virgin
The best times to drink water are first thing in the morning, as well as 30 minutes before a meal an...
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight