Although soda does have water in it, it is not a preferred source of obtaining your daily water intake. First, there is usually caffeine which causes your body to excrete more water. Second, the added sugar contributes to your overall calorie intake. Plain water is the best: it is readily absorbed and calorie free!
- Q Does oxygenated water provide health benefits?
- Q Is mineral water a good choice for quenching thirst?
- Q How can I remember to drink more water?
- Q Is home-filtered tap water safer than bottled water?
- Q How can I tell if my tap water is contaminated?
- Q What are the benefits of drinking water before each meal?