When do I know that I have had enough water to drink?

The purpose of urine is to get rid of waste, like nitrogen, through urea. Clear urine means that you've gotten enough fluid to wash it all out. If you can't read through your urine, that means the urine has been concentrated a bit.

Water is important for more than just flushing waste out of your system. It also allows chemical reactions in your body and helps blood reach capillaries to bring in more nutrients.

Not having enough water gets the whole system to become sluggish, including your bowel. One of the best solutions for constipation is water, just because you can mix it up a little bit and get it going.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Water

Water

Plenty of water in your diet helps digestion, skin, and muscle tone. It can help prevent cramping during exercise and even relive stress. Many times we are low on water - dehydrated, and don't realize it. Being dehydrated can mani...

fest with symptoms like fatigue and depression. In fact, by the time we are feeling thirsty, we're already slightly dehydrated. That's one reason that we hear the recommendation to drink eight standard glasses of water daily. Adequate water helps you digest food an helps your body get rid of wastes. Your kidneys need to process water for you to eliminate waste by urination, and getting enough water ensures that these wastes are diluted. Not getting enough water can encourage the formation of painful kidney stones.