Is mineral water a good choice for quenching thirst?

Mineral water may actually be more hydrating than standard bottled water. According to a recent study in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, mineral waters typically contain calcium and bicarbonate, which is an electrolyte. Both can help to improve hydration levels, which in turn can help to prevent fatigue. Look on the mineral water label to see if it has about 300 milligrams of calcium, about 800-900 mgs of bicarbonate and some magnesium.
Remember that once you actually feel thirsty, you are usually dehydrated. Hydrate before and after exercise. If exercise lasts for more than an hour, then you should be taking some water breaks during the fitness activities as well.

Continue Learning about Water

Common Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration
A thirst for knowledge; a thirst for power; people get thirsty for lots of things. But that’s not surprising when you consider that our bodies are bet...
How can I tell if my tap water is contaminated?
Most contaminants have no smell, color, or taste, so you may not be able to detect a problem if you ...
How can I tell if I'm drinking enough fluids?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
You can tell if you're drinking enough fluid if you go to the bathroom every two to four hours and y...
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight