Why is water good for health?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Water helps health. The more hydrated we are, the easier oxygen and nutrients flow to our cells, and the better our bodies eliminate toxins. Inadequate hydration can lead to or exacerbate acne, constipation, dry skin, fatigue, headache, sinus problems, and urinary tract infections, among other things.

They say that the average person loses several cups of water a day just from breathing. Several more cups are lost through the three Ps: perspiration, peeing, and pooping. That water must be replaced. Eight ounces eight times a day is not a hard-and-fast rule for everyone, but I’m told it’s not a bad guideline. You should strive to make most, if not all, of that water just plain water. Overeaters, take note: water can be an appetite suppressant. It has been told by doctors, nutritionists, and others in the diet community that when you drink water before a meal, it will make you feel full, and you will eat less.
Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Water & The Body

Is it better to drink warm or cold water during exercise?
Research indicates that drinking a cool beverage during exercise may help a little bit with cool...
Why is it so easy to confuse hunger with thirst?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
One of the things that happen when we're chronically dehydrated is that we don't actually realize we...
Why Is Staying Hydrated Important?
Why Is Staying Hydrated Important?
Why Is It Important to Stay Hydrated?
Why Is It Important to Stay Hydrated?