How can drinking water help reduce stomach bloating?

If you are bloated and your stomach feels like it's about to pop, downing water may be the best quick fix. Good old H2O restores the sodium balance in the body and normalizes your digestive tract. Be sure to keep hydrated. Drink the daily recommendation of 8 (8-oz) glasses of water to rid the body of harmful toxins.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Water & The Body

What can I learn from my dog about drinking water after exercising?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Your dog has learned the importance of hydration before, during, and after exercise. Dogs will u...
Can drinking water help reduce the signs of aging?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Drinking water does not affect the outer layers of skin cells that are already dead and waiting to b...
How can I stay hydrated when I'm traveling?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
It is a challenge to stay hydrated while traveling, especially because it is harder to carry liquids...
How can drinking water give me more energy?
It quenches your thirst, it's practically free and it gives you an energy boost like no other. W...