How can drinking water help reduce stomach bloating?

If you are bloated and your stomach feels like it's about to pop, downing water may be the best quick fix. Good old H2O restores the sodium balance in the body and normalizes your digestive tract. Be sure to keep hydrated. Drink the daily recommendation of 8 (8-oz) glasses of water to rid the body of harmful toxins.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Water & The Body

Is it better to drink warm or cold water during exercise?
Research indicates that drinking a cool beverage during exercise may help a little bit with cool...
How can I tell if I need to drink water?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
Take a moment to notice if your mouth or lips are dry. Most of you will find that they are dry. If s...
Why Is It Important to Stay Hydrated?
Why Is It Important to Stay Hydrated?
Why Is Staying Hydrated Important?
Why Is Staying Hydrated Important?