What gear do I need for walking?

Prior to starting any form of exercise, be sure to set a goal. If your goal is as simple as “I am going to start walking to get active and be healthy” then that is a wonderful goal! If we do not set ourselves up for success then we will fail.

Some tips:

• Start and walking log and walking calendar. These will allow you to log you steps/miles and track/monitor your progress
  • Have comfortable walking shoes
  • Stretch before and after
  • Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day
  • Eat well balanced meals to keep energy levels up

HAVE FUN!!

Continue Learning about Walking

Walk This Way
Walk This Way
When it comes to getting in your 10,000 steps a day, an essential building block of your good health, there really is a right way to put one foot in f...
What are tips for walking for exercise?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
These quick tips will put an extra spring in your step when you are walking for exercise:Stretch...
How long will it take to see health benefits from getting a dog?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Medical research shows that becoming a new dog owner results in both immediate and long-lasting ...
Is walking at an incline better than running at zero percent incline?
Using an incline setting while walking on a treadmill can be benefiticial if done properly. It i...