What are fun games to play during a nature walk with children?

When walking with children, we need to keep their attention which is not always easy to do. Some games may include:

• Find a nature trail that has some information along the way. Many trails explain how the trail was developed or what you can expect to see along the way.
  • If a trail does not have the above then get some sort of informational book about the trail. Learning the history of a trail is very exciting.
  • Most trails have a variety of birds to see or different type of animals so try to see who can find the most, this will keep everyone alert and searching the entire time.
  • Find a trail that has a guide to bring you on a tour.

Continue Learning about Walking

The Best Walking Partner
The Best Walking Partner
Having trouble finding time for your daily 30-minute walk? Then make a date with this old pal: your dog. Studies have shown that dog ownership has so...
Walk This Way: Tips for Better Form
Walk This Way: Tips for Better Form
One of the many great things about walking is that everyone knows how to do it. But if it's your main way to exercise, a few form tweaks will help you...
What can I use when walking if I don’t have a pedometer?
Tina WhitlockTina Whitlock
When tracking your distance without a pedometer you can try these:1. Try driving your walking route ...
How Does Exercise Benefit People With COPD?