The effects of walking on your joints and muscles are very beneficial. Walking is one of the most basic forms of exercise that almost everyone can complete. Your joints and muscles are built to function and assist your body to move, hence allowing you to walk. As people age, muscular strength decreases and exercises such as walking are a great way to help reverse the decline. In addition, walking helps circulate blood through the body and will help decrease inflammation around the area of the joint. Be sure when walking to walk at a pace that is comfortable for you and your body to receive all the benefits walking has to offer!
- Q How much should I walk in a day?
- Q What are some good tips for walking with a stroller?
- Q How can I make time to exercise with my dog?
- Q How can I fit a walking schedule into my busy day?
- Q How many calories do I burn during a 20 minute walk?
- Q What are realistic goals I can set when walking for fitness?