The effects of walking on your joints and muscles are very beneficial. Walking is one of the most basic forms of exercise that almost everyone can complete. Your joints and muscles are built to function and assist your body to move, hence allowing you to walk. As people age, muscular strength decreases and exercises such as walking are a great way to help reverse the decline. In addition, walking helps circulate blood through the body and will help decrease inflammation around the area of the joint. Be sure when walking to walk at a pace that is comfortable for you and your body to receive all the benefits walking has to offer!
- Q How much should I walk in a day?
- Q Are sports drinks good for hydration when walking?
- Q How much walking do I need to do to lose weight?
- Q How can I get the most out of walking for exercise?
- Q What are fun games to play during a nature walk with children?
- Q Should I vary my walking workout speeds?