Is a GPS useful when walking?

A GPS can always be useful!  It seems that I often go out for adventures on my bike and seem to take a wrong street which leads me all over the place.  A GPS would help me avoid adding extra miles; the extra exercise is great being able to follow the direct route would be nice on the occasion.

Using a GPS while walking will vary for each individual.  Do you plan a short walk, 1 mile or less, or are you planning a long walk, 5 miles or more?  If you are going for a short walk and the route seems fairly straight then you can easily retrace your step.  However, if the route is longer and in an area you have never been, then a GPS can be beneficial to help you get back to your starting point.  Another factor to keep in mind will be the time of day.  If walking during the day and if you have food and plenty of hydration then enjoy!  If you are walking and it will be dark within a short timeframe then having that GPS will prevent you from having to find you way back in the dark.

Continue Learning about Walking

How Does Exercise Benefit People With COPD?
How Much Should I Walk In a Day?
How Much Should I Walk In a Day?
3 Tips to Start Your Walking Workout
3 Tips to Start Your Walking Workout
3 Ways to Get More Out of Your Walking Workout