How do I find pedestrian-friendly routes for walking?

Your town/city has a website.  Go to their website and they have either a list of walking trails, or a link to an organization that does.  The park system is a wonderful thing to use for walking.  The simplest thing is to just walk out your front door and walk for 15 minutes, then turn around and walk home.

The best places to walk are places that have sidewalks or side streets that are not overly populated with car traffic.  If you live in the city then this might present a challenge but more than likely sidewalks will be present.  Another great option would be to find a nearby trail.  Trails are great and can give you an extra challenge and make you work a little harder as the terrain is not as flat.  Lastly, use googlemaps, type in the address you want to walk from and to, click on the picture of the person and walking routes will appear.

Continue Learning about Walking

The Five-Minute Walking Miracle
The Five-Minute Walking Miracle
Cloudy mind? Damaged arteries? Growing belly? A study confirms the remedy for these health woes is precisely what the 4th century B.C. Greek philosoph...
How can I find other families with children to walk with?
Ann Prokenpek - NASM Elite Trainer, NASM Elite TrainerAnn Prokenpek - NASM Elite Trainer, NASM Elite Trainer
If you are looking for other families with children to walk with, I recomend people check with their...
The Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your Health
The Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your HealthThe Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your HealthThe Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your HealthThe Simple (and Free!) Way You Can Immediately Improve Your Health
Lace 'em up and enjoy the many benefits of walking, including less stress, a lower risk of heart problems and much more.
2 Small Steps to Lose Weight and Trim Your Waist