How can I manage my weight by walking?

The best way to manage your weight in general is to pay close attention to what you eat and when you eat.  Walking will help burn calories and can assist in weight lose or weight maintenance.  However, if you do not eat correctly then your walking will not be as beneficial as it can be. 
William B. Salt II., MD
Gastroenterology
For weight management, studies now show that the goal is to take 10,000 steps each day. You may take anywhere from 900 to 3,000 steps during an ordinary day, so you can see that unless you have an unusually physical job, you will need to take an intentional walk. Taking 10,000 steps is the approximate equivalent of walking five miles. The actual distance covered depends upon the length of your stride. Consider purchasing a pedometer. The average person will burn 100 calories by walking a mile, so walking five miles burns approximately 500 calories.
Still Hurting? FIND HEALTH! Discover What's Behind Your SYMPTOMS (That Doctors Can't Explain)

Still Hurting? FIND HEALTH! presents a new model of disease, which empowers readers suffering with pain, symptoms (e.g., fatigue), and symptom syndromes (e.g., irritable bowel, fibromyalgia, chronic...

Continue Learning about Walking

Surprising Health Secret of Walking
Surprising Health Secret of Walking
Any committed walker will tell you: Putting one foot in front of the other isn't about weight loss (or at least it's not only about that). It's about ...
What are the effects of walking on my joints and muscles?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The effects of walking on your joints and muscles are very beneficial.  Walking is one of the most b...
Walk Your Way to Better Health
Walk Your Way to Better HealthWalk Your Way to Better HealthWalk Your Way to Better HealthWalk Your Way to Better Health
The key to a longer, healthier life may be just a few steps away.
Walk This Morning to Sleep Better Tonight