How can I make my walks more effective?

Being active is an accomplishment all on its own. Kudos to you for focusing on yourself and being active! A couple ways to make your walks more effective include:

• Purchase a pedometer and be sure to walk 10,000 steps every day. Having a set goal will help you work towards something on a daily basis. Find a day where you easily reach 10,000 then go for 15,000, no one is stopping you!
  • Track your workouts on a walking log or walking calendar. These suggestions will help you track your progress and set you up for success. Everyone needs a goal so use these tools to set and achieve that goal!

Options are endless so get up and go!

Continue Learning about Walking

Get the Most Out of Winter Walking
Get the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter Walking
Don’t let cold weather stop you from burning calories and having fun with friends. Trying to get in shape? You can walk yourself to better health. Stu...
Walk Your Way to Better Health
Walk Your Way to Better HealthWalk Your Way to Better HealthWalk Your Way to Better HealthWalk Your Way to Better Health
The key to a longer, healthier life may be just a few steps away. A good pair of walking shoes and a few minutes each day are all you need to boost yo...
2 Simple Ways to Boost Weight Loss
2 Simple Ways to Boost Weight Loss
How Does Exercise Help Manage Diabetes?
How Does Exercise Help Manage Diabetes?