How can I get my family involved in my walking program?

Walking is fun and truly a great way for your family to bond and for everyone to get healthy and stay fit.  The first way to get everyone involved is to ask.  No one can say no to something they are not offered.  If this first way does not work then try incentivizing them by offering them something in return.  Of course you should not need to offer your family any sort of bribery to take part in physical activity but I was a teenage once and getting me to do stuff with my parents was not always easy so a little bribe will not hurt.  Aside from those options, get creative, figure out something your family truly enjoys doing and find a way to incorporate some form of that into the walk which should help encourage them to participate.

Continue Learning about Walking

Get Fit Fast by Walking to Lose Weight
Get Fit Fast by Walking to Lose Weight
The deceptively simple path to a fit bod begins with the easiest activity in the world: walking. Every get-fit plan should start with a basic 30-minu...
Free Pedometer Apps for Smartphones
Free Pedometer Apps for Smartphones
“Step right up, ladies and gents. Step right up!” Carnival barker Gabby Gilfoil (W.C. Fields) in 1927’s Two Flaming Youths, enticed passers-by to try ...
The Top Reason to Track Your Steps—Plus, Ways to Take More
The Top Reason to Track Your Steps—Plus, Ways to Take MoreThe Top Reason to Track Your Steps—Plus, Ways to Take MoreThe Top Reason to Track Your Steps—Plus, Ways to Take MoreThe Top Reason to Track Your Steps—Plus, Ways to Take More
Keep tabs on your walking, meet your daily step goal and get a lot healthier. If you’re like most people, chances are you’re not getting enough exerc...
3 Tips to Start Your Walking Workout
3 Tips to Start Your Walking Workout