How much daily dog walking does it take to improve health?

According to the most current public health guidelines on physical activity, the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, for health benefits, you should accumulate 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking) every week. In other words, walking your dog 30 minutes five days a week will help you improve your health and prevent chronic disease (diabetes, heart disease etc.).

Continue Learning about Walking

Save the Planet, Get Skinny
Save the Planet, Get Skinny
Even if you don't sport a hybrid car, and you sometimes forget to recycle, here's another way you can save the planet—and get skinny to boot: Lace up ...
Get the Most Out of Winter Walking
Get the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter Walking
Don’t let cold weather stop you from burning calories and having fun with friends. Trying to get in shape? You can walk yourself to better health. Stu...
How Does Exercise Help Manage Diabetes?
How Does Exercise Help Manage Diabetes?
How Much Should I Walk In a Day?
How Much Should I Walk In a Day?