How can I set walking goals?

Setting a goal is ideal and should be a requirement of almost any training program.  If you do not set a goal for yourself then you would be walking endlessly and your focus should be to walk towards a goal.  A great way to go about setting goals would be to use a walking calendar and walking log.  Your calendar can help build your daily walks and push you to make sure they get completed.  Your walking log will help your track your success along the way.  Your log will also allow you to take notes on how you were feeling after certain walks which may lead to reasoning for why you felt so energized or what you need to do in order to stay successful!

Continue Learning about Walking

Great Debate: Walking Indoors vs. Outdoors
INDOORS! "I lost 35 pounds by walking inside my house!" Becky Menn-Hamblin, 67, Knoxville, TN People think I'm crazy -- and maybe I am a little wacky...
Should I vary my walking workout speeds?
Mel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness ExpertMel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Interval training while walking is a great way to burn more calories. Watch this video to learn ...
Get the Most Out of Winter Walking
Get the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter WalkingGet the Most Out of Winter Walking
Don’t let cold weather stop you from burning calories and having fun with friends.
Walk This Fast to Live Longer
Walk This Fast to Live Longer