What protective gear should I wear when walking in the sun?

If you are sensitive to sun, you should wear a hat, sunglasses and a long sleeve shirt. However, if it is too sweltering to wear a long sleeve shirt, then sunscreen liberally should be applied. Also, in the summer time, it is better to wear a visor rather than a full hat, because of the heat that your head releases, and a full hat will keep absorb heat, making your head even hotter.

When walking in the sun having the following will be beneficial:

• Sun screen
  • Breathable clothing to prevent overheating
  • A hat

Continue Learning about Walking Safety

Dangers of Distracted Walking
Dangers of Distracted Walking
It's Not Me…It's You. That’s the title of a George Lopez comedy special on HBO and what lots of folks told researchers who conducted a survey on distr...
Is it safe to wear weights on ankles or wrists while walking or running?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Personally, I am not a fan of wearing weights while walking or running.  When you start a walk/run, ...
How can I avoid injuries while walking for fitness?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
If you are over 40 and have never exercised previously, check with your doctor before beginning ...
Why is it important to drink water before I go walking?
Anis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite TrainerAnis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite Trainer
Exercise such as walking causes the metabolism to rise and body water to be lost through increased r...