How can I mentally prepare to reach my walking goals?

Try using exercise imagery. Exercise imagery is a form of stimulation. It is similar to a real experience in that it includes all the senses, but it only occurs in your mind. You can imagine yourself walking with greater confidence. You can visualize walking with greater relaxation and muscular control. You can rehearse your walks with positive feelings and outcomes. You can manage pain and discomfort. You can create images of highly focused actions. And you can imagine positive outcomes that continue to motivate you.

Continue Learning about Walking Programs

Walking Programs

Walking Programs

A walking program can help you create an exercise routine to meet your fitness goals. Start by consulting your physician, then decide the number of steps or minutes walking you'll want to achieve. Pedometers can help you track you...

r steps, and walking calendars and logs are often available for free online. Learn more about starting a walking program and staying motivated with expert advice from Sharecare.