How can I develop a walking routine?

Take advantage of the internet. Develop a walking calendar and walking log.

Your calendar will help you set goals as you increase your endurance while walking. Maybe your goal will be to walk 10,000 steps. Try increase up to 10,000 steps by adding an extra 1,000 steps per week or per every 3-5 days.

Your log will allow you to track how your workouts are going. If you feel more motivated in the morning or afternoon then note that in your log. The more you log and the more successful you may be.

Continue Learning about Walking Programs

How can I stay motivated with a walking and exercise program?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
Motivation is something we all struggle with from time to time.  To stay motivated in a walking prog...
How can I get motivated to start a walking program?
Phil Holbrook , NASM Elite TrainerPhil Holbrook , NASM Elite Trainer
The best way to stay motivated to start a walking program is to think about and visualize how you wi...
How can a support system help me with my walking program?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Having support from you family and friends will lead to success! By having loved ones push you is ph...
How can I mentally prepare to reach my walking goals?
Try using exercise imagery. Exercise imagery is a form of stimulation. It is similar to a real exper...