How do I find out about walking events in my area?

Local walking events are usually listed on your town website. If you do not have access to a computer then consider looking through local ads in your daily paper or see if your town has a local paper. In addition, go to local police department or recreation department, they should have a listing of everything going on within your community.

Kirk Swanson
Fitness

Here are a few ways to find walking events in your area.

1. Check the Weekender/Lifestyle section of your local paper.
  2. Google "your city" walking tours.
  3. Contact your local Parks and Recreation department.
  4. Visit your favorite charities websites for upcoming events.
  5. Find a local running club's website.
  6. Read bulletin boards at local stores, restaurants, churches and schools for events.
  7. Call your friends.
  8. Visit your neighbors and create a community daily/weekly walking event of your own.  (This is my favorite!)

Local walking events can be found many ways.

1. Your community center (if you have one) usually has a bulletin board with flyers posted with the local events.
  2. The internet is also a great resource. You can search "walking events in (your town/city)" it will list all of the local events in your area.
  3. Check your local paper.
  4. Check with the interested organization's website (i.e., Susan G Komen, Easter Seals, etc.,) they will have a listing of their walks and when and where they will be hosting them.

Continue Learning about Walking Groups

How can I connect with others who are interested in walking?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The first place to look for someone to walk with will be within your place of work.  All of your co-...
How do I find out if there is a local walking club?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
A great way to find a local walking club will be to go to your local recreation center or YMCA. Faci...
How do I find out about walking groups for seniors?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Some of the best places to find walking groups may include going to your local senior center. They m...
How can I find the right walking partner?
Ask your friends and family if they’d like to start walking with you try and find a friend or family...