What are possible complications of foot blisters?

A foot blister may become serious if infected. Be sure when you get a foot blister to avoid picking at it. Also, if still active, be sure to wrap with something such as a bandage prior to completing any physical activity that may results in sweating of some sort. If the infection is present, consider seeking addition guidance from your physician.

Blisters are painful and can become infected if you do not take good care of them. The skin that is covering the blister is there to protect it and prevent bacterial infections. If you need to put your shoe on, you can pierce the blister with a needle to drain the fluid but try and keep the covering skin in tact.  This usually eases the pain, however you need to ensure then that you cover it with antibacterial cream and a piece of gauze.   The blister will dry out after a couple of days and you can then cut the dead skin off.  

Continue Learning about Blisters

How can I avoid blisters from my high heels?
Apply bandages or moleskin to problem areas to prevent blister formation. Use a lubricant like petro...
What should I avoid if I have foot blisters?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
If you have foot blisters then try to avoid excessive movement where the blister is present. If on y...
What should I do if my hiking shoes give me blisters as I break them in?
If your hiking shoes give you blisters try switching to socks made from synthetic materials which wi...
How common are foot blisters?
Isaac Gange , NASM Elite TrainerIsaac Gange , NASM Elite Trainer
How common foot blisters appear is directly related to how conditioned your feet are to friction as ...