Are there any alternative treatments for foot blisters?

The best treatment will be time. Allow the blister to heel by itself, try to avoid picking at it, and be sure to cover it with a bandage of some sort prior to completing physical activity again.

When my feet are covered in blisters from walking/running, I tape my feet with athletic tape available from any sporting goods store.  After they have popped if they have a little blood, I use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect and clean them. 

As a preventive for getting blisters in the first place is to use petroleum jelly (there are non-petroleum alternatives) on your feet prior to your run/walk.

Continue Learning about Blisters

Blisters

Blisters

A blister is a patch of raised skin that contains watery liquid. Blisters may form when your skin rubs against something repeatedly. For instance, if your shoes are tight, stiff, or too small, the skin on your feet can develop bli...

sters as it rubs against the inner part of the shoes when you walk. Don't pop a skin blister. Instead, cover it with a bandage and let the skin heal naturally.