Should I talk to my doctor about my prepubescent vulvovaginitis symptoms?

Prepubescent vulvovaginitis is common among adolescents who have not yet reached puberty, as they run a higher risk of vaginal infection. However, multiple cases of vulvovaginitis or vaginal infections may be a sign of an underlying condition such as allergies (to latex condoms or soap chemicals, for example), poor hygiene habits, or even a sexually transmitted disease, that may be caused by sexual abuse. Talk to your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms of prepubescent vulvovaginitis for treatment.

Continue Learning about Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis refers to numerous types of infections that can affect the vulva and vaginal area. Causes of vulvovaginitis include yeast, bacteria, parasites STDs and other viruses. If you have symptoms of vulvovaginitis like odor...

, discharge, itching, rash or pain in the vagina, you should call your doctor. You will want to make sure that you are treated for this condition, as it does not always go away on its own.