How do I manage my nonspecific vulvovaginitis on a daily basis?

After starting treatment, your nonspecific vulvovaginitis symptoms should be gone within roughly a week. As soon as you notice symptoms such as a vaginal discharge, foul odor, or irritation, talk to your doctor to start treatment immediately. In the meantime, you should step up your hygiene routine to prevent the infection from spreading and to aid in the healing process. This includes washing your hands before touching your genitals and wiping from front to back after using the bathroom. It may also be a good idea to refrain from sexual activity during this time, as you may infect your partner, depending on the cause of your infection. Similarly, it may be helpful for you to use a condom during any future sexual intimacy to avoid both a recurrence of your vaginal infection and the development of sexually transmitted diseases.

Continue Learning about Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis refers to numerous types of infections that can affect the vulva and vaginal area. Causes of vulvovaginitis include yeast, bacteria, parasites STDs and other viruses. If you have symptoms of vulvovaginitis like odor...

, discharge, itching, rash or pain in the vagina, you should call your doctor. You will want to make sure that you are treated for this condition, as it does not always go away on its own.