How do I manage my estrogen deficient vulvovaginitis on a daily basis?

Symptoms of estrogen deficient vulvovaginitis can be severe enough to affect your daily life. Most women find that symptoms such as vaginal itching, irritation, sores, and dryness can complicate activities such as sexual activity and urination. The best way to deal with these symptoms is to treat them daily. Your doctor may prescribe you hormonal replacement therapy in the form of estrogen creams, tablets, lubricants, or pills. In addition to treatment, it is important that you use lubrication during sexual activity and drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. Because women with thinned vaginal tissue due to estrogen deficient vulvovaginitis have a greater risk of infection, it is important to take precautions during sexual activity to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Condom usage is often recommended.

Continue Learning about Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis

Vulvovaginitis refers to numerous types of infections that can affect the vulva and vaginal area. Causes of vulvovaginitis include yeast, bacteria, parasites STDs and other viruses. If you have symptoms of vulvovaginitis like odor...

, discharge, itching, rash or pain in the vagina, you should call your doctor. You will want to make sure that you are treated for this condition, as it does not always go away on its own.