What lifestyle changes should I make if I have vulvar cancer?

The changes you should make depend on what types of treatment you have had. If you have had extensive surgery, try to make your daily life as easy as possible. Get lots of rest if you are experiencing severe fatigue. Include some physical exercise in your schedule to raise your energy and improve your stamina-but check with your doctor about what kind. Exercise may also relieve anxiety and depression. Try to reduce your level of stress-and consider practicing yoga or meditation as a way to help with this.

Continue Learning about Vulvar Cancer

Vulvar Cancer

Vulvar cancer develops when abnormal cells grow on the surface of a womans external genitalia.Developing slowly over years, cancer of the vulva affects the inner and outer vaginal lips called the labia minora and labia majora, the ...

opening to the vagina called the vestibule and the clitoris. See your doctor if you notice an itchy or painful lump or sore on your genitalia. Like other gynecologic cancers, the human papillomavirus (HPV) puts you at higher risk of developing this disease. You also have increased risk if youre over the age of 50, have been infected with HIV or have been diagnosed with cervical cancer. A pelvic exam can detect vulvar cancer. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are commonly used to treat this cancer. Aggressive treatments may require removal of part or the entire vulva.